Welcome Your Guests With These Easy-to-prepare Cold Appetizers
Cheesy Bacon Deviled Eggs
- Eggs, 12
- Mayonnaise, ½ cup
- Honey Mustard, 1 tbsp.
- Salt, ½ tsp.
- Bacon, 4 strips (cooked, crumbled)
- Shredded Sharp Cheddar, 2 tbsp.
- Parsley for garnish (optional)
Preparation: Hard boil the eggs and peel. Cut the eggs into halves lengthwise. Carefully remove the yolks into a bowl with the help of a spoon. Add mayonnaise, honey mustard, and mash them together with the boiled yolks. Add salt and pepper and mix it further. Place a small piece of both, bacon and shredded cheese on the egg white. Then fill the yolk mixture and refrigerate. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve cold.
Scallion Salami Roll
- Cream Cheese, 1 cup (softened)
- Chives, 2 tbsp. (chopped)
- Hard Salami, 24 (thinly sliced, 3″ diameter)
- Scallions, 24 (5″ length)
- Salt, ½ tsp.
Preparation: In a bowl or a processor, whip cream cheese until it turns fluffy and light. Add chives and salt and mix well. Spread this mixture over the slice of each salami. One by one, place the scallion over the salami slice and roll. Secure this with the help of a toothpick. Cover and refrigerate. Serve cold.
Olive and Cheese Kabobs
- Mozzarella Cheese, 20 cubes (½” each)
- Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, 10
- Ripe Olives, 20 (small pitted)
- Clove Garlic, 1 (chopped)
- Balsamic Vinegar, ½ cup
- Vegetable Oil, ¼ cup
- Dijon Mustard, 2 tsp.
- Sugar, ½ tsp.
- Salt, ¼ tsp.
- Basil Leaves (optional)
Preparation: In a glass or plastic bowl, mix garlic, vinegar, oil, mustard, sugar, and salt. Cut tomatoes into halves and add them to the bowl, along with cheese cubes and olives. Marinate for two hours in the refrigerator. After two hours, remove tomatoes, olives, and cheese with fork or tongs from the marinade. Take 20 bamboo skewers and on each, place one tomato, olive, cheese, and basil leaf. Refrigerate again and serve cold.
- Broccoli Florets, 2 cups
- Pepperoni Sausage, ½ cup (sliced)
- Cherry Tomatoes, 10 (halved)
- Mozzarella Cheese, ½ cup (shredded)
- Parmesan Cheese, ¼ cup (grated)
- Macaroni, 1 cup
- Red Pepper Flakes, ⅛ tsp. (crushed)
- Basil, 1 tsp. (dried)
- Clove Garlic, 1 (minced)
- Red Wine Vinegar, 3 tbsp.
- Salt, 1 tsp.
Preparation: In a salted boiling water, cook macaroni till softened. Drain water and wash it with a cup of plain cold water. Pour it in a large bowl and mix with oil, garlic, pepper, basil, vinegar, Parmesan cheese, and salt. Refrigerate. Refrigerate broccoli and tomatoes in a separate bowl until 10 minutes before serving time. Mix pepperoni sausage with broccoli and tomatoes, and pour this mixture in the pasta mix and toss well. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and serve cold.