- 64 g almond flour
- 28 g coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk ground
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 240 ml water
- 57 g grass-fed butter or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons allulose erythritol or xylitol*
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 55 g mozzarella for extra crispness, see notes*
- grass-fed butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1/4-1/2 cup allulose or sweetener of choice, to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons ground cinnamon we use 2
- chocolate sauce optional
- pastry bag
- star tip such as Ateco #824
- See recipe video for guidance!
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Whisk together in a medium bowl almond flour, coconut flour, psyllium husk and xanthan gum. Set aside.
- Heat up water, butter, sweetener and salt in medium pot (or Dutch oven) until it just begins to simmer. Lower heat to low and add in flour mixture, mixing constantly to incorporate. Continue to cook and stir until the dough pulls away from the pan and forms into a ball, 1-3 minutes.
- Transfer dough back to the bowl and allow to cool for 5 minutes. The dough should still be warm, but not hot enough to scramble the eggs.
- Add in one egg at a time, mixing until fully incorporated. The dough will be very stiff, but keep going until fully mixed in. Mix in vanilla extract. The final dough should still be stiff and form into a ball easily, but will also be very elastic. You can use a hand mixer here for a faster approach if you prefer. NOTE: If you want your churro donuts lightly crisp, feel free to mix in a touch of a neutral cheese (think mozzarella, see notes).
- Allow the dough to rest until it comes to room temperature (10-15 minutes) and spoon dough into a piping bag with a star tip (say #824 works great). Pipe out rounds onto the prepared baking tray, we made 12 out of a batch.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until deep golden. Baking times will vary a lot here depending on your oven (convection etc), so check in at minute 10. Brush with melted butter right out of the oven and sprinkle with cinnamon ‘sugar’.
- Store in an airtight container for 3 days, giving them a quick re-warm before serving again.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE
(1G NET CARB!) GLUTEN FREE & KETO CHURRO DONUTS