Instant Pot Black Beans and Rice #vegan #vegetarian #soup #breakfast #lunch
Thursday, July 11, 2019 Edit
Rice and blacks beans is hands-down one of the most well-known dinners in my home. They're incredible for a very late supper formula and make for adaptable remains.
This problem free Instant Pot rice and beans formula is an unquestionable requirement have in your kitchen. It takes under an hour to make, most of which is sans hands.
Pre-Instant pot (Pre-IP?) I would hesitantly make a pot of dark colored rice on the stove and toss in canned dark beans and taco seasonings. Fortunately the times of soft dark beans and stove cooked darker rice are no more!
Mediterranean Tomatoes Stuffed with Rice #vegan #vegetarian #soup #breakfast #lunch
- Base Recipe for Rice and Beans
- 1 and 1/2 cups brown rice, rinsed
- 1 and 1/2 cups dry black beans
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups water
- Optional Add-Ins
- 1 teaspoon oil of choice, more as needed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Rinse the black beans and remove any debris. Set aside.
- Add the oil to your pressure cooker and press the "saute" button. Saute the onions until translucent. Add garlic and saute a minute more.
- Add the seasonings, tomatoes with juice, black beans, and rice. Pour in the vegetable broth and water. Stir to combine.
- Lock the pressure cooker lid in place and set the pressure release valve to "sealing". Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Once the cook time is done, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Carefully move the pressure valve from sealing to venting and manually release the remaining steam. Enjoy!
Read more our recipe SPRING PESTO PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS AND CHIVES #vegan #vegetarian #soup #breakfast #lunch
Source : bit.ly/2HHGtTk