Mediterranean Tomatoes Stuffed with Rice #vegan #vegetarian #soup #breakfast #lunch
Wednesday, July 10, 2019 Edit
I've made us tomatoes loaded down with rice! However, not simply rice, cause that wouldn't merit all the outcry imprints I'm going to utilize.
This is a stuffed tomato formula that is anything but difficult to make, flavorful, and solid. All our preferred things!
The solid, entire grains make a delightful plant-put together side dish all with respect to their own. Blend the Prairie Blend with Mediterranean flavors, stuff it inside delicious tomatoes, at that point broil them in the broiler and enchantment occurs.
SPRING PESTO PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS AND CHIVES #vegan #vegetarian #soup #breakfast #lunch
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato pulp, chopped (reserved from hollowing the tomatoes)
- 1 cup Floating Leaf Sprouted Crimson Lentils, Wild Rice, and Quinoa
- 2 ¾ cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup pine nuts + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green olives
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- VEGETARIAN OPTION: 1/4 cup feta cheese
- VEGAN OPTION: 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 6 finely chopped pitted dates (can sub 1/4 cup dried currants or raisins)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut the tops off the tomatoes, use a small spoon to scoop out the centers, then place them in a baking dish. Reserve the tops and insides of the tomatoes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until it turns translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the chopped tomato pulp, the Floating Leaf rice blend, and the vegetable broth and bring it to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes then reduce the heat to low, cover the skillet, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- While the rice cooks, toast the pine nuts in 1 teaspoon of oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, until they are golden and fragrant. Chop the olives, parsley, and dates. When the rice is soft, add the pine nuts, olives, parsley, feta cheese or nutritional yeast, oregano, and dates and mix well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stuff the rice into the tomatoes and place the tops on the tomatoes. Roast for 30 minutes, or until the tomatoes are soft and starting to brown on top.
Read more our recipe VEGAN BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER WRAPS #vegan #vegetarian #soup #breakfast #lunch
Source : bit.ly/2GRMZWk