- 2 medium granny smith apples, diced small, and mixed with:
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 3 c. flour
- 1/4 tsp.salt
- 1 c. sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 c. butter, melted
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 5 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Grease a 9×13 inch pan (I like to line it with a parchment paper sling as well) and preheat the oven to 350°.
- Make your apple mixture: Dice the apples and mix them with the cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
- Make your cinnamon topping: With a spoon, mix together the butter, sugar, flour, and cinnamon together until smooth. The consistency of this will be like a paste. Set aside.
- Make your cake batter: Mix together flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Slowly stir in the melted butter until combined. Gently mix in the apple mixture. Spread into the prepared pan.
- [I’ve received so many questions on this recipe regarding the consistency the topping is supposed to be that I made it again myself and have edited on 10/4/17 to make it more clear]
- Take your cinnamon topping and drop it by spoonful evenly over your cake. Swirl the topping through the cake batter with a knife. It will look like this:
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Mix together glaze ingredients until smooth and spread over warm cake. Let sit at least 20 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
This article adapted from this site
Apple Cinnamon Roll Cake