- 3 large flour tortillas
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/2 c. cinnamon sugar
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 4 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. lightly packed brown sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch kosher salt
- Magnum Milk Chocolate Vanilla Ice Cream, for serving
- Prep your work station: Pour cinnamon sugar into a shallow bowl. Beside it, place an upside-down muffin tin.
- Make shells: Using a 3 to 4″ cookie cutter, stamp out smaller circles from tortillas. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat about 1” oil until shimmering. Working one a time, add a tortilla to the skillet and let sizzle for 30 seconds. Flip tortilla and use tongs to fold tortilla in half to create a taco shell. Cook on one side until golden, about 2 minutes, supporting the shell with tongs the whole time. Flip and cook until golden on other side, about 2 minutes more.
- Immediately toss shell in cinnamon sugar then place in between inverted cups of muffin tin. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Make apple filling: In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in apples, sugars, lemon juice, cinnamon, and salt. Cook, stirring often, until apples have softened and mixture is jammy, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Spoon mixture into each cinnamon sugar shell. Top with a small scoop of Magnum Milk Chocolate Vanilla Ice Cream and serve immediately.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Apple Pie Tacos