- 1 tbsp smoked paprika or regular paprika
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper freshly ground
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 lbs chicken breast boneless and skinless (about 6)
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted, cut into 6 equal size pieces
- Heat the oven to 450 F degrees.
- In a small bowl whisk all the dry rub ingredients together; set aside.
- Pat the chicken breast dry with a paper towel. Drizzle about 1 tbsp of olive oil over the bottom of a baking dish and brush it over the bottom to cover the entire surface. Place the chicken breasts in the baking dish and brush the remaining olive oil over both sides of the chicken.
- Sprinkle half of the rub over one side of the chicken breasts then flip them over and sprinkle the other side with the remaining rub. Use your hands if necessary to make sure the entire breasts are seasoned.
- Place a piece of butter on each chicken breast.
- Transfer the baking dish to the oven and bake for 18 to 25 minutes. The baking time could differ depending on the thickness of the chicken breast. The breast is cooked when it’s completely opaque all the way through and registers 165 to 170 F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for about 5 minutes before serving. Serve with your favorite side dish.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Baked Chicken Breast