- 6 Extra Thin Corn Tortillas I used Mission
- 6 oz Cooked Chicken Breast chopped or shredded (or your choice of filling)
- 1/2 C (56g) Shredded Cheddar or your choice of cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Wrap the tortillas in a slightly damp paper towel and microwave for 45-60 seconds, flipping halfway through. (This will make the tortillas easier to fold.)
- Add the chicken and peppers (or your choice of filling) to one half of each tortilla. Top with cheese before folding over. Gently press down to seal each taco. (If you notice any tearing in the tortillas, you need to microwave the tortillas for another 15-30 seconds.)
- corn tortillas with chicken and peppers inside
- Place a baking sheet or flat surface with a bit of weight on top of the tacos to press them down. This prevents the tacos from opening during baking and helps the cheese fully seal the tacos so they stick together after baking.
- chicken tacos on a wire rack with a baking sheet on top to prevent opening during baking
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until the tortillas are golden brown. Be careful not to burn. (If you’re having trouble getting them crisp, remove the second baking sheet towards the end of cooking since the tacos will be sealed by then. And using a baking sheet instead of a wire rack on the bottom will take a bit longer.)
- a baked chicken taco with a bite taken out of it over a baking sheet with more baked tacos
- Each baked chicken taco has 3 Smart Points.
- Nutrition facts may vary based on your filling selection. These nutrition facts are with plain, cooked chicken breast.
- To reheat prepped tacos, bake or air fry at the same temperature you cooked the tacos for 2-4 minutes or until warm throughout and crispy again.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Baked Chicken Tacos