- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn see note
- 1 can diced green chiles
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup colby jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Mix the garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Combine the corn, black beans, green chiles, red bell pepper, and chopped cilantro and mix well.
- In a large casserole dish, lay the chicken breast flat in the baking dish. Sprinkle with seasonings, then spread the corn mixture evenly over it. Add cheese to top it off.
- Bake uncovered at 375˚F for 40-50 minutes or until the chicken has an internal temperature of 160˚F. If the cheese starts to get too brown for your liking, loosely cover with foil for the remainder of the cook time.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- You can cut the chicken in half, chunks, or use chicken tenderloins in lieu of full chicken breasts to make serving easier. You can also use different cuts of boneless, skinless chicken such as thighs or wings however if the cut of meat is changed, cooking time may be varied.
- Fresh cooked corn, thawed frozen corn, or drained canned corn can be used in this recipe.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to a month.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here
Baked Southwest Chicken