- ½ cup unsalted butter-melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ –2 teaspoon cinnamon (to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup mashed banana (one medium-large banana)
- ¼ cup butter
- 6 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- Dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line 8 x 8 inch baking pan with aluminum foil (leaving an overhang on the sides to lift the finished blondies out), then spray with cooking spray , set aside.
- For the batter, in a medium bowl mix together melted butter, sugar and salt. Add egg vanilla and cinnamon and mix until well combined, then add mashed banana and mix to combine.
- Next, add flour and mix until combined and smooth, too. Pour the batter into prepared pan, smooth the top and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until center has set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- To make the frosting, in a medium sauce pan melt the butter and continue cooking over medium heat until reach nice amber color, stirring constantly(be careful not to burn it). Then, add brown sugar, milk and a dash of salt, stir and bring to boil. Remove from heat and cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Whisk in vanilla and powdered sugar and spread over the blondies. Allow frosting to set before slicing and serving.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Banana Bread Blondies