- 3/4 C unsalted butter softened
- 1 C sugar
- 1/2 C light brown sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 C flour
- 1 bag of ghiradelli dark chocolate melting wafers only need 24 wafer chips
- 1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips only 3 chips go onto each cookie for the claws
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Using a stand mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar and sugar until creamy
- Add in the egg and egg yolk, vanilla and beat to combine.
- Add in the baking soda, cornstarch, salt and flour and beat until a soft dough forms.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop dough into your hands and roll it
- Place dough onto cookie sheet and bake 9-12 minutes.
- Once cookies are baked, place a melting wafer into the center of the cookie for the pad of the paw
- Then place 3 chocolate chips above the paw for the claws
- Repeat steps with remaining dough and cookies
- Let cookies cool for about 30 minutes before enjoying!
This article and recipe adapted from this site
BEAR PAW COOKIES