- 1 whole chicken
- 1 can of beer, I used a big can of Guiness
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- For the rub
- 1 tbsp dry oregano
- 1 tbsp dry rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425° F / 220° C. Place a roasting pan on a baking dish to prevent making a total mess of your oven.
- Mix all the rub ingredients together.
- Open the can of beer and pour about ¼ of it into the roasting pan and set the can of beer in the center of the roasting pan.
- Clean the chicken and remove any giblets if it has any and pat it dry with paper towels. Sprinkle over the rub and use your hands to give it a massage.
- Place the chicken upright over the beer can and drizzle the olive oil over.
- Bake in the oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until golden and cooked through..
This article and recipe adapted from this site
BEER CAN ROASTED CHICKEN