Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies – 2 MASTER OF TASTE
- 1 stick salted butter (1/2 cup, very soft)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 18.9 ounce brownie mix – my all-time favorite is Ghirardelli Double
Chocolate – this is also a great brownie recipe but I found it more difficult
to bake evenly when I made my brownies from scratch
- (eggs, oil, and water for brownie mix)
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars in a small mixing bowl.
Add vanilla and egg; cream again until smooth. Add the flour, baking soda, and
salt. Stir gently until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips. Store in
refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare brownie batter as directed. Pour
batter into a glass 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish. Scatter pieces of cookie dough over
the top of the brownie batter. In my 8×8 square pan, I was able to get about
2/3 of the cookie dough to fit over the brownies and I just saved the rest for
regular cookies. Press gently on the dough just until it starts to sink down
into the batter a little bit.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (35 for gooey, 40 or more for fully baked),
covering with foil if you need to keep the cookies from getting too brown on
top. Let stand for 15-20 minutes and cut into pieces for serving.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies