- 4 lbs chicken parts (bone-in, skin-on thighs and breasts work well) (You’ll need about 4 cups)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved (red and green varieties are great)
- 1 cup almonds, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Kosher salt (start with 1/2 teaspoon, then add more, to taste)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Rub the olive oil all over the chicken pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until internal temp reaches 165°F using an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let cool. Remove the skin then pull the meat from the bones and roughly chop.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, grapes, almonds, celery, scallions, dll, & parsley.
- In a small-medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add the mayo/mustard mixture to the chicken mixture and gently stir until well mixed.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve on a bed of greens with sliced tomatoes and avocado. Or, serve on bread with green leaf lettuce. Add more toppings to your taste!
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Best-Ever Chicken Salad