- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips + more for topping
- 1 cup chocolate chunks + more for topping
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat. Set aside.
- Microwave the cold butter in 20 second intervals until the butter is halfway melted.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the semi melted butter and both sugars. Beat on medium speed until fully combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Turn the mixer to medium-low speed and add eggs one at a time and mix until just combined. Add vanilla and mix until combined. Do not overmix.
- In a separate bowl, add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to the stand mixer bowl and mix until fully incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and chocolate chunks.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove cookie dough from refrigerator and scoop out 1/4 cup of cookie dough. Roll dough into a ball, then rip it in half. Smush the dough balls back together, ripped side up.
- Repeat with remaining dough, spacing them about 2 to 3-inches apart on the cookie sheet so they have space to spread.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are set and the center of the cookies still look undercooked. Rotate the sheet at the 6 minute mark so the cookies can bake evenly.
- Remove from oven and immediately press more chocolate chips and chunks on top. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- These cookies are best served warm, but you can store the leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
BEST EVER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES