- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest zest from 1 lemon
- 4 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice (I used 1 medium lemon) 22 ml
- 2 1/4 cups flour 270 grams
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 7 1/2 grams
- 3/4 teaspoon salt 4 grams
- 1 1/4 cups + 2 tablespoons sugar 276 grams
- 3/4 cup butter softened 170 grams
- 3 eggs (large)
- 3/4 cup milk I used 2%) 177 ml
- Pre-heat oven to 350° (180° celsius), grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and 1 1/4 cups sugar, add the softened butter and with a pastry blender blend until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the lemon zest.
- In a small bowl add eggs and beat lightly with a fork add milk and mix until combined, then pour this mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until flour is moistened.
- In prepared loaf pan add the batter and bake for 1 – 1 1/4 hours (or until tooth pick comes out clean). Cool then move to a wire rack.
- In a small pot add 4 1/2 teaspoons of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of sugar, over medium heat stirring constantly bring to a boil until thickened. With a pastry brush, brush syrup over the top of the bread. Enjoy!
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
Best Homemade Lemon Bread