- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
For the blackberry filling
- 4 cups blackberries, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Stir together the flour, 1 cup white sugar, baking powder and salt, cut in the butter with a pastry blender until the butter is in pea-sized pieces. Stir in the beaten egg with a fork. Press half of the dough into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Cut the blackberries in half, toss them with the lemon juice, cornstarch and sugar. Sprinkle them over the crust in the pan. Sprinkle with the other half of the dough mixture. Bake at 375 F for 30-35 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool completely.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Blackberry Crumb Bars