- 5 cups rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups over-ripe mashed banana (For all substitutions, see nutrition link below)
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp pure maple syrup, agave, or honey OR stevia equivalent amount
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips, optional
- 2 1/3 cups water – Increase to 2 2/3 cups if using stevia
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp coconut or veg oil (Fat-free option listed in the nutrition link below)
- 2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional add-ins: cinnamon, shredded coconut, chopped walnuts, ground flax or chia, wheat germ, raisins, dried fruit, etc.
- Preheat oven to 380 F, and line 24-25 cupcake tins. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir very well. In a separate bowl, combine and stir all wet ingredients (including banana). Mix wet into dry, then pour into the cupcake liners and bake 21 minutes. I also like to then broil for 1-2 minutes, but it’s optional. (If you let them cool overnight, they’ll no longer stick to the liners.) These oatmeal cakes can be eaten right away, or they can be frozen and reheated for an instant breakfast on a busy day.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Breakfast Oatmeal Cupcakes To Go