- 3 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter*
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 10 ounces dark chocolate melting wafers
- In a small mixing bowl, mix up the first three ingredients, including the softened butter, creamy peanut butter, and powdered sugar.
- Take about a tablespoonful of the peanut butter mixture and begin to roll it between your hands. Shape it into as round of a ball as you can and place it on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Continue rolling until all of your peanut butter mixture has been rolled into peanut butter balls.
- Add toothpicks (for dipping) to each ball.
- Chill the peanut butter balls in the fridge or freezer for about half an hour.
- Melt the chocolate according to package directions.*
- Once your chocolate is ready to go, you can remove the peanut butter balls from the freezer, and start dipping right away.
- As you partially dip each buckeye into the chocolate, using a toothpick or dipping tool, place it back on the wax paper lined cookie sheet.*
- Chill the chocolate covered peanut butter balls in the fridge or freezer ’til set, probably about 15-20 minutes.
- Then remove all the toothpicks and cover up the holes with your finger (optional step).
- Store them in an airtight container or festive Christmas tin (lined with wax paper) in the fridge.*
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
BUCKEYE PEANUT BUTTER BALLS