- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream 33-35% MF
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Sprinkle the pecans on a cookie sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 5-10 minutes. When they’re done, you will be able to smell a delicious nutty aroma.
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment, or line with aluminum foil and grease with butter.
- Add the butter, brown sugar, white sugar and whipping cream to a medium saucepan. If using a candy thermometer, clip it to the side of the bowl.
- Melt the ingredients together over medium-low heat.
- Once the butter is melted, bring the mixture to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes without stirring, or until the candy thermometer reads 235F degrees.
- Remove from the heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the salt and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the sifted powdered sugar, then fold in the toasted walnuts.
- Spoon the batter into the lined pan and let set for 2 hours.
- Cut into small squares with a sharp knife.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Butter Pecan Fudge