- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- Combine buttermilk, olive oil, minced garlic, minced fresh parsley, salt and black pepper in a small bowl and whisk really well. Place chicken drumsticks in one-gallon freezer bag, pour the buttermilk marinade over the chicken and distribute evenly over all chicken drumsticks. Squeeze as much air out of the freezer bag as possible and close the bag. Refrigerate the marinated chicken in a freezer bag for 24 hours.
- After your chicken has been marinated for 24 hours, preheat oven to 400 F. Use a medium size casserole dish – I used 2.5 quart oval casserole dish ( 13 inches * 9 inches *4 inches deep). Place chicken in the casserole dish – and pour all of the marinade on top and around the chicken. Roast for about 30-45 minutes (depends on your oven), until chicken juices run clear, the chicken drumsticks are browned and scorched in spots. If needed, broil for about 5-10 more minutes to get more color.
- Serve immediately, use the sauce from the pan.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Buttermilk Roast Chicken with Garlic