- Cooking spray
- 1 tbsp. butter, plus 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 apples, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 (16.3-oz) can refrigerated biscuit dough
- 8 caramel candies
- 1/3 c. cinnamon sugar
- 3/4 c. powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. cream
- Make apples: Preheat oven to 350° and grease a medium cooking dish with cooking spray. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tbsp butter. Add apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Cook until apples are tender, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Remove biscuits from can and stretch slightly. Add one caramel candy and a large scoop of apple mixture to the center of a biscuit and create a ball, pinching together the loose ends of biscuit dough.
- Place into a cooking dish and brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake until golden, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make glaze: Mix together powdered sugar and cream in a medium bowl. When biscuits are out of the oven, drizzle with glaze and serve.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Caramel Apple Bombs