- 1 package Refrigerated Pie Crust 2 crusts
- 5 oz Caramel Topping
- 10 oz Apple Pie Filling
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray cookie sheet with non stick spray and set aside.
- Allow crusts to warm slightly to make them easier to work with.
- Dust work area with flour and slightly roll out crusts.
- Spread a thin layer of caramel on one of the crusts.
- Use a knife to chop pie filling into smaller pieces and spread over top of caramel.
- Cut other crust into 1/2″ strips.
- use strips to create a lattice top over pie covered crust.
- Cut out circles and transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Beat egg in bowl until well blended.
- Mix together sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Brush lattice tops with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Caramel Apple Pie Cookies