- 18 ounce package fudge brownie mix , I used Duncan Hines
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk , divided
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 11 ounces caramel bits , or wrapped caramels
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×9 pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the fudge brownie mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs. Then mix in 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk and the chocolate chips.
- Next, combine your caramels and 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for one minute. Stir and add another 15-30 seconds if needed.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan. Then pour the caramel over top. Add the remaining batter to the top of the caramel and spread out evenly.
- Bake the brownies for approximately 25-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool. Then lift the foil and brownies out of the pan for easy cutting.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE
CARAMEL BROWNIE RECIPE