- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 2 packages crushed graham crackers)
- 1/2 cup Toffee Bits
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup), melted
- 1 1/4 chocolate chips (these are my favorite)
- Preheat the oven to 300º. Combine everything except the chocolate chips. Press into a 10 inch springform pan lined with parchment paper. Push all the way up the sides and press in firmly. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Set the springform pan on a baking sheet (just in case it drips). Bake for about five minutes or until the chocolate chips are melty. Smooth them out with an offset spatula. Throw it in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- 3 packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup caramel topping (recipe below)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream for a few minutes until the sugar is dissolved. Add the vanilla and caramel and beat well. Add the eggs and beat just until combined. Pour into chilled crust. Wrap the springform pan with a couple of wet dishtowels (this helps the cheesecake to cook more slowly and evenly). Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes. The center will still be jiggly, but never fear, it shall set in the end. Turn the oven off and open the door about 4 inches, but leave the cheesecake in for about 30 more minutes (this helps the cheesecake to cool more slowly and evenly and prevents cracking). Remove from the oven and cool for about 30 more minutes. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup caramel
- 1/2 cup Toffee Bits , plus more for garnish
- Beat the whipping cream and sugar in a chilled bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Combine the caramel and1/2 cup of toffee. Place small chunks all over the top of the chilled cheesecake and carefully them spread them together (it will be pretty thick, so don’t just plop it all on thinking you’ll be able to spread it out). Pipe some whipped cream along the edge and garnish with more toffee bits. Slice with a large wetted knife for cleaner slices.
Homemade Caramel Sauce (this is the only caramel topping I approve of the cheaters using):
- 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the sugar and syrup. Don’t leave out the syrup, it helps prevent the caramel from crystallizing. Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula. Once it is caramel colored, add the butter and stir until the butter is melted. Add the cream and stir until it’s all combined. Bring it back to the heat if you get clumps and stir it until they’re dissolved. Store in the refrigerator if not using right away. Makes about 3/4 cup.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
Caramel Toffee Crunch Cheesecake