- 12 oz semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter cut into small cubes
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly spray an 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper leaving an overhang for easy removal. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chocolate chips and butter. Melt in 30-second increments, on high heat in the microwave, stirring in between.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla until completely combined.
- Add eggs one a time, stirring in between until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir vigorously until the mixture is smooth and begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl. This will take one or two minutes.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour two-thirds of the brownie batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or hand held mixer, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add in the sugar and beat until combined.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Spoon the cheesecake filling over the top of the brownie batter and carefully spread into a thin layer with an offset spatula.
- Drizzle or spoon the remaining brownie batter over the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs. (Watch the brownies closely after 30 minutes. Don’t rely on the time so much as the inserted toothpick.)
- Let cool completely in pan. Use the parchment paper overhang to pull the brownies out and cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE