- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded (I prepared mine in the slow cooker)
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 12 oz bag steamed riced cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning or taco seasoning packet
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Monterrey jack cheese
- In a cast iron skillet, melt butter then saute onion, pepper, and garlic until softened.
- Steam riced cauliflower in microwave according to package directions.
- Add homemade taco seasoning, Rotel, chicken broth, and cauliflower to skillet.
- Stir to combine then cook on medium/low approx 10 minutes until extra liquid is absorbed.
- Add cooked chicken and stir well. If mixture gets too thick, add a little more chicken broth.
- Simmer on low covered for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top, cover and simmer until cheese is melted.
- Optional: Serve with sour cream, cilantro, jalapenos, etc.
NotesYou can also make this recipe with ground beef and beef broth for a fun variation. Base Recipe adapted from this SITE
Cheesy Mexican Chicken Skillet