- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup freshly brewed hot coffee
Cream Cheese Layer
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
InstructionsNote: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.To Make the Chocolate Bundt Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a bundt pan with butter and flour or baking spray.
- Add the flour sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a stand mixer on low speed until combined.
- In a second bowl combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla with a whisk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the stand mixer on low.
- Add the coffee to the mixture until just combined.
To Make the Cream Cheese Layer:
- Beat the cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla extract together until smooth and creamy.
- To Make the Cherry Layer:
- Using a large hole strainer (like a pasta strainer), separate the cherries from the glaze and save the glaze in a small bowl.
- Mix the strained cherries into your cake batter.
- Add 2/3 of the cake mixture to your bundt pan.
- Add the cream cheese layer carefully with a spoon over the cake mixture.
- Add the remaining cake batter over the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Let cool completely then remove from pan carefully (if you’re concerned about sticking, remove carefully after 15 minutes).
- Glaze with the reserved cherry filling glaze.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here