- 3 cups of rotini pasta, cooked
- 2 chicken breasts cut to cube chunks
- 3 rashers of bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- Shredded mozarella cheese
- Chopped Parsley for garnish
- 100 gms brown mushrooms, chopped
- Olive oil
- 125 gms butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 200 ml cream
- 200 ml milk
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- black pepper
- Cook your pasta according to instructions. Drain and toss it in a little olive oil to avoid it sticking together.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C. In a pan, heat olive oil. Add chopped bacon and onion. Cook it together. You don’t need the bacon to be crispy.
- When onion has soften, add the chicken chunks. Brown them on all sides.
- Add the mushrooms and cooked pasta to the onions. Toss it together. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make sauce, melt the butter, when butter has melted add the flour, stir until you no longer see any raw flour.
- Mix the milk and cream together. Add it to the flour roux a little at a time, stirring each time.
- When you have gradually add all the milk and cream and you have a thick sauce, add the cheeses. Stir until it has melted.
- Spoon 3/4 of the sauce into the rotini and toss everything together.
- Transfer the rotini to a baking dish. Pour the rest of the sauce on top and cover with shredded mozarella cheese.
- Bake for about 20 mins till it bubbles on top. Or you can turn on the top grill for some charred bubbles.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
CHICKEN ALFREDO BAKE RECIPE