- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
For Pizza Assembly
- 1lb pizza dough
- 1 large (or 2 small) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded (about 1 ½ cups)
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh basil, if desired
- Set a pizza stone on the bottom rack of the oven and preheat the oven to 450°.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add cream cheese; cook 1 minute until mixture is smooth, stirring constantly with a whisk. Gradually add milk and cook 3 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly. Add Parmesan cheese, stirring until cheese melts and sauce reaches desired consistency, about 2 minutes. Add in a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stretch the pizza dough to a 12-inch round and transfer to a cornmeal-dusted pizza peel or parchment paper.
- Spread alfredo sauce over the pizza dough, leaving a half inch border around the edge. Top with chicken, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan. Slide the pizza onto the preheated stone and bake for 12-15 minutes, until the bottom is crisp and the cheese is bubbling.
- Let pizza cool for 5 minutes, sprinkle with chopped basil. Slice and serve.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
CHICKEN ALFREDO PIZZA