- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick
- 1 cup small onion chopped
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup Self-Rising Flour
- 1 cup milk 2% or higher
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup undiluted
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and add chopped onion and celery.
- Cook for about 8-10 minutes (until veggies are soft).
- I seasoned my veggies with just a little bit of salt and pepper and I just let the butter melt as the veggies cooked.
- Pour the butter and veggie mixture into your prepared baking dish.
- Add the chicken in a layer on top of the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, combine self-rising flour with milk.
- Pour this mixture over chicken (do not stir mixture).
- In another small bowl combine the chicken broth with the cream of chicken soup.
- Season this with a bit of salt & pepper.
- Pour this mixture over the chicken.
- Do not mix the layers.
- Then bake for about 40-45 minutes or until the casserole is set.
- Serve with a salad and your favorite green vegetable!
NutritionCalories: 600kcalThis article and recipe adapted from this site
Chicken and Dumplings Casserole