- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 2 cups white long grain rice, cooked *See Notes
- 10.75 oz. Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese separated
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets uncooked
- Casserole Topping
- 1 cup Ritz crackers crushed
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and season with desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Bake at in a lightly greased 9 x 13 casserole dish at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Drain excess juice from casserole dish. It’s okay if it’s not completely cooked through yet.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, sour cream, cooked rice, and half of the cheddar cheese. (If desired, you may add 1 tsp dried thyme and 1/2 tsp garlic powder as well.)
- Add in the broccoli and chicken and stir to combine.
- Lightly grease the casserole dish and pour in the rice mixture.
- Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- If baking immediately after assembling, bake the casserole for 35 minutes, covered.
- If preparing this ahead of time, cover with foil and refrigerate for up to 3 days prior to baking. Then bake for 45 minutes, covered.
- Adding the Topping:
- Melt the butter and crumble up the crackers. Combine to form the topping for the casserole.
- Top the casserole with the crumbled cracker topping and bake uncovered for 10 additional minutes.
- Let the casserole sit for 5 minutes prior to serving.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole