- 1 1/2 lb ground chicken meat (I prefer thighs)
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Cheddar, Gouda, provolone)
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
For the Avocado Corn Salsa
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1 ear of fresh corn, husks and silks removed
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Place the chicken into a medium mixing bowl. Add shredded cheese, chopped scallions, mayo, salt and pepper and mix everything well.
- Using 1/2 cup as a measure, scoop the chicken mixture and form round shaped patties.
- Using outdoor grill or a grill pan, cook the patties about 5 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- While the burgers are grilling, prepare the Avocado Corn Salsa.
Avocado Corn Salsa
- Using a sharp knife, remove the kernels from the corn cob.
- Place the corn kernels, sliced avocado and cilantro into a medium mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Serve this Avocado Corn Salsa atop the Chicken Burgers.
NutritionCalories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 800mg | Potassium: 229mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 400IU | Calcium: 240mg | Iron: 1.3mgThis article and recipe adapted from this site