- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices cooked bacon (crumbled)
- 1 tbsp bacon grease
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 beaten egg (optional)
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- 2-3 cups fresh spinach
- Cook the bacon until crispy and then crumble into pieces.
- Place 1 tbsp of the bacon grease in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and sprinkle with the garlic powder as well as salt and pepper to taste. Continue to saute the chicken until it is completely cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, at the ½ cup of chopped onion and saute for a few minutes until they start to become tender.
- Add in the minced garlic, and saute for another 30 seconds.
- Whisk in the heavy whipping cream and the chicken broth, scraping the bits off the bottom of the skillet.
- OPTIONAL: Put the beaten egg in a small bowl. Slowly stream the sauce into the egg while whisking it vigorously. Once half of the sauce has been incorporated slowly add the egg mixture back to the skillet while whisking.
- Mix in the parmesan cheese, chopped basil and Italian seasoning.
- Toss in the crumbled bacon, and 2-3 cups of fresh spinach. Cook until the spinach has begun to wilt.
- Add the chicken back into the skillet, and toss to coat in the sauce. Sprinkle in additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer the mixture for 3-5 minutes longer, and serve.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here