- 3-4 cups of cooked chicken (I use a rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1-1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (10.75-oz) can Campbell’s cream of chicken soup
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Melt butter in the microwave and pour into bottom of a 9×13 pan. Shred the chicken and spread it on top of the butter.
- Whisk together the milk and the flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly pour over the chicken. Don’t stir.
- Whisk together chicken broth and cream of chicken soup. Pour soup over the flour and milk mixture. Don’t stir.
- Bake uncovered for 35 to 45 minutes, or until dumplings are golden brown.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Chicken & Dumpling Casserole