- 600 grams chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
For The Tzatziki Sauce:
- 250 grams greek yogurt
- 100 grams cucumber
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For The Wraps:
- 4 Pita flatbreads
- 1 tomato cut into thin slices
- 1/2 onion cut into thin slices
- olive oil
InstructionsFor The Chicken Gyros:
- Preheat oven to 250°C / 482°F.
- In a small baking dish, add the chicken breasts, paprika, oregano, garlic, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Massage the chicken for the marinade to spread evenly. Bake for approximately 20 minutes, until the chicken gets a golden brown color. Transfer chicken breasts to a cutting board and cut into thin stripes.
For The Tzatziki:
- In a mixing bowl, add the yogurt, garlic, dill, vinegar, and olive oil. Grate the cucumber with a hand grater (not too thin) and add to the mixture as well. Mix all ingredients until thoroughly combined.
For The Wraps:
- Add a drop of olive oil to a frying pan and heat over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and add the first pita flatbread. Cook for 3-4 minutes flipping it once. Repeat process for the remaining flatbreads.
- To each flatbread add 2-3 slices of tomato, a few slices of onion, a few pieces of chicken and 1-2 tablespoons of tzatziki. Wrap with aluminum foil and serve.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
Chicken Gyros Recipe With Tzatziki Sauce