All of the goodness of chicken parmesan packed into a delicious cheesy casserole! Crispy chicken, marinara sauce, penne pasta, and cheese come together in this easy to make dish!INGREDIENTS
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- 2 cups flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1½ (32 ounce) jars marinara sauce
- chopped basil for garnish (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Rinse and drain the pasta in a colander.
- In a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Pound the chicken to be about ¼ inch thick or slice in half so they fry easily. Place the flour, egg, and Italian bread crumbs in separate bowls. Coat the chicken in the flour, then the egg and lastly the bread crumbs. Place to fry in hot oil until brown on each side and no longer pink in center. Remove from the skillet and slice into pieces.
You can get the complete recipes here!!!