- 64 oz chicken broth or stock
- 3 chicken breasts Foster Farms Simply Raised, boneless and skinless
- 3 carrots sliced
- 3 stalks celery sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion diced or cut into chunks
- salt to taste I usually salt after it is done to see if I want any additional
- 2 c egg noodles uncooked
- 3 sprigs parsley
- salt and pepper to tast
- Put chicken breasts at bottom of crockpot.
- Cut carrots, celery and onions and put on top.
- Add pinch of salt and pepper if desired. (I prefer to season when it is done, the broth already has enough sodium for me)
- Pour chicken broth over chicken and vegetables.
- Cook on low for approx. 6-8 hours (will be done in 6).
- About 10 min. before serving gently shred chicken into chunks (will fall apart, no need for cutting),add noodles and parsley if desired .
- Cover and cook until noodles are cooked but still a bit al dente (that’s how we like it).
- I honestly don’t add any salt, the salt in the stock is plenty and it tastes amazing as is. Serve.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Chicken Soup in the Crockpot