- 1/2 cup panko or gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans (do not drain)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (no salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (no salt)
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 375°F.
- Place the panko on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until toasted and golden-brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool while preparing the nuggets. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the oats in a food processor fitted with the blade attachment and process into a fine flour. Transfer to a large bowl and reserve the food processor.
- Drain the chickpeas over a bowl or measuring cup, then save the chickpeas and 1/4 cup of the liquid. Place the chickpeas into the food processor; add the salt, garlic, and onion powder; and pulse until crumbly. Keep mixture in the food processor.
- Whisk 1/4 cup of the chickpea liquid in a small mixing bowl until foamy. Add the foamy chickpea liquid and 1/2 cup of the oat flour to the food processor. Pulse until the mixture forms a ball. You may have a little oat flour leftover, which you can add to the chickpea mixture 1 tablespoon at a time if the mixture is loose.
- Divide the chickpea mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each one into a nugget. Coat each nugget completely in the toasted panko and place on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until crispy, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here