- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- canola oil for frying
Instructions Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Heat oil in a dutch oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk together the egg, milk, chicken broth, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Add in the self rising flour.
- In a second bowl add 1 cup of flour.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the batter, then into the flour.
- Add the chicken to the oil in small batches and fry for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Chili’s Chicken Crispers