- 1 large Head of Broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 boneless chicken thighs, skinless
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 green/spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons light soy sauce, (extra to taste)
- 6 Tablespoons honey, approximately
- 6 tablespoons hot water
- Steam or sauté the broccoli to the softness just a bit firmer than you prefer & set aside.
- Heat a wok over a high heat and add a bit of oil. Add the chicken and brown on all sides to seal the meat. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Fry the garlic, spring onion and ginger for 30 seconds in the hot wok, adding a little more oil if necessary, tossing now and then.
- Put the chicken back in the wok. Add the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and the hot water and bring to a boil. Drizzle with some of the honey, cover, and simmer, turning & drizzling with honey now and again for 7-10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce reduced.
- Add the broccoli and toss with the sauce until cooked through
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Chinese Chicken and Broccoli