- 3 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon cornstarch divided
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half butterflied into two thinner pieces each.
- To coat the chicken add the egg, salt, pepper and oil into a bowl and whisk together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add 1/2 cup corn starch and 1/4 cup flour and mix well.
- In a large frying pan or a wok, heat more canola oil in a wok 375 degrees (medium high heat).
- Dip chicken pieces in the egg mixture, then dredge in the flour mixture.
- Fry the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, then drain the oil.
- Add the lemon juice, sugar, water and remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch to the pan and whisk to combine.
- Cook until thickened and smooth.
- Slice the chicken into thin strips then serve with lemon sauce poured over.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Chinese Lemon Chicken