- 4 cups pretzels (mini pretzel twists)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil then spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the pretzels onto the baking sheet in a single layer until it’s completely covered.
- In a small pot, melt the butter and sugar over medium low heat. Bring it to a boil, then continue boiling for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour the bubbly mixture evenly over the pretzels. The caramel mixture will even out when it bakes, so don’t worry if you missed some spots.
- Bake it at 325F for 8 to 10 minutes until the caramel is fully bubbling on the entire sheet.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven then sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over top. Return the baking sheet to the oven for another 1 to 2 minutes to soften the chocolate chips.
- Use a spatula to spread the melted chocolate evenly. Then place the baking sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pretzel bars from the baking sheet and peel off the aluminum foil. Break it apart or cut it into squares with a large knife.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bars