- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- To prepare the crust, blend graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar, brown sugar and melted butter in a bowl until fully combined. Press mixture into a 9″ pie plate, covering bottom completely and pushing the crumbs about 1-2 inches up the side of the pie plate. Place the pie crust into the freezer while preparing the filling.
- Whip the 1 1/2 cups heavy cream until it holds peaks. Set aside in the refrigerator while preparing the rest of the filling.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and mix until blended. Add peanut butter and vanilla, mixing well. (Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed to ensure that the ingredients are fully blended.)
- Fold whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture, blending well.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips, blending until mini chocolate chips are evenly disbursed throughout the filling.
- Pour chocolate chip peanut butter filling into the prepared pie crust. Place filled pie into the freezer until firm.
- If serving pie more than 1/2 an hour after final preparation, store in the freezer. Thaw for 20 minutes before serving for a frozen, ice cream-like consistency. (If you are having difficulty cleanly removing the pie crust from your pie plate, submerge the very bottom of the dish in some hot tap water – about 1/2 inch water in your kitchen sink – to loosen the crust being careful not to get water in the pie itself.) Or thaw for longer in the refrigerator for a gooey, soft pie.
Base Recipe adapted from site
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie