- 400 grams (approximately 40) Oreo cookies
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) unsalted butter
Chocolate malt mousse
- 150 grams (1 cup) good quality milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 100 grams (2/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 480 ml (2 cups) thickened or heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons malt powder
- 50 grams (1/2 cup) Maltesers or chocolate malt balls, roughly chopped
- 240 ml (1 cup) thickened or heavy cream, whipped
- Maltesers or chocolate malt balls, roughly chopped, to decorate
- Add Oreo cookies (cream and all) to a food processor and blend until they resemble fine crumbs. Melt butter in the microwave and then pour over crushed Oreos and whiz again until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Press Oreo crumbs into a 9 inch pie plate and press down gently using the back of a spoon to form an even layer. Pop in fridge.
- Add milk chocolate and dark chocolate to a microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Use an electric mixer on medium speed to beat cream until whipped with stiff peaks. Gently fold cream into melted chocolate. Add malt powder and chopped Malt balls and fold until smooth.
- Pour chocolate mousse over Oreo base. Smooth top using a spatula and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours (or overnight) until set.
- To serve, use an electric mixer on medium speed to beat remaining cream until thick and whipped. Spread cream over top of mousse. Sprinkle with Malt balls.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
CHOCOLATE MALT MOUSSE PIE