- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 sleeve Saltine crackers
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 –2 cups chocolate chips
- Cover a 9×13 baking dish with foil. Spray with nonstick cooking spray or grease with oil. Arrange the saltines in one layer in the pan, leaving a little bit of room between each cracker, and set aside. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt the butter and brown sugar in a small nonstick saucepan. Bring to a boil and let boil without stirring for three minutes. Pour the hot mixture over the crackers and bake for 5 minutes.
- Drop the peanut butter onto the hot cracker and toffee mixture; bake for another 1 minute to melt. Spread the peanut butter. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; bake for another 1 minute to melt. Spread the chocolate evenly and top with sprinkles.
- Freeze or chill for 1 hour or until set. Break into small pieces for serving.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
chocolate peanut butter saltine toffee