- 1 15.25 oz package chocolate cake mix, prepared according to package instructions
- 1 14 oz can Eagle Brand Caramel Flavored Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 16 oz can store bought chocolate frosting
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Store bought caramel syrup for drizzling on top of cake
- Note: If you can’t find the seasonal flavor of the Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk you can substitute 1 cup of caramel flavored syrup, (found in the ice cream section of your grocer). If it’s too thick to pour, heat in microwave according to package instructions before pouring over cake.
- Bake cake according to package instructions. Let cool for 10 minutes. Punch holes in top of cake using the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Pour can of Eagle Brand Caramel Flavored Sweetened Condensed Milk over the top of cake. Spread to make sure it gets into all of the holes. Put cake in refrigerator for 1 hour. Frost cake with chocolate frosting. Add nuts and chocolate chips on top. Drizzle with caramel syrup. Slice and serve. Store covered in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Chocolate Turtle Poke Cake