- 2 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast (1 packet)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- In a large mixing bowl, mix 2 cups of flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter and milk. Once the butter is completely melted take off the burner and add the water and vanilla. Let the mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour the milk mixture into the large bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well. Whisk together the eggs and add to the batter. Keep mixing. Add 3/4 cup of flour and mix well. The mixture will be very sticky which means it’s perfect. Place the dough in a medium greased bowl. Cover with wrap and let it sit in a warm place to rise for about 30-45 minutes. Once the dough has doubled its size, knead in 2 tablespoons of flour. Cover the dough again for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, start on the filling. In a medium bowl, mix together the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Once the dough is ready, roll it out on a floured surface. Brush the melted butter on the dough and add the sugar mixture. Make sure everything is covered. Using a shape knife or pizza cutter, cut the dough into equal sized strips (about 2 to 2 1/2 inches wide). Then cut the strips into equal sized squares. Stack the squares on top of each other to make 3 to 4 piles and place them in a bread pan. Take any sugar that fell off squares and sprinkle over the top and around the sides of dough. Cover the dough for another 10-15 minutes to rise.
- While dough is rising, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Place a cookie sheet under bread pan and bake for 30-35 minutes until outside of bread is golden brown.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE
Cinnamon and Sugar Pull-Apart Bread