- ⅓ cup light brown sugar (not packed)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- ½ cup salted butter, softened (or use unsalted and add ¼ tsp salt)
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped (I used Granny Smith)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Beat white sugar and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until incorporated; add vanilla extract and stir until incorporated.
- Combine flour and baking powder together in another bowl; stir into creamed butter mixture.
- Mix milk into batter until smooth.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Next add half the apples and half the brown sugar cinnamon mixture. Lightly pat/push apple mixture into batter.
- Pour the remaining batter over apple layer; top with remaining apples and add more brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Lightly pat/push apples into batter; swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using a finger or spoon (I cleaned my hands and used my finger because it was easier).
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes. Mine took about 35.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE
Cinnamon Apple Pie Bread