- 24 Rhodes Frozen Dinner Rolls
- 2 Tbl. unsalted butter, melted
- 6 Tbl. light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbl. milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Place frozen rolls in a 9×13-inch baking dish, cover with plastic wrap and allow to thaw in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, combine two dinner rolls and roll into a ball. Using clean kitchen scissors, cut four or five deep slits almost to the bottom of the roll Place in a greased muffin tin. Repeat with remaining rolls.
- Combine melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Using your hands rub the cinnamon/sugar paste all over the rolls, making sure to get inside every slit. Spray plastic wrap with cooking spray and loosely cover rolls. Allow to rise in a warm place until doubled.
- When rolls have risen, remove plastic wrap and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15-16 minutes. Carefully remove rolls from muffin tin as soon as they are finished baking. Brush vanilla icing over the warm rolls. Serve.
- For the Vanilla Icing: Combine powdered sugar, one Tablespoon of milk and the vanilla extract and stir together until smooth and creamy. If it’s too thick, add a little more milk.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE
Cinnamon Butterflake Rolls